The jury for the Seventh Edition of the Anesvad Awards is composed of experts in health, development, African studies, journalism, and the foundational sector.
In 2022, we are continuing to strengthen the efforts of organizations that strive to bring healthcare to Sub-Saharan Africa against a backdrop as difficult as the current one. As we do every year, we are launching the Seventh Edition of the Anesvad HEALLTH Awards.
This edition will once again be held in person, and the awards ceremony will be held at the BBK Hall in Bilbao on 1 June. It will be a special occasion on which to celebrate that we are gathering in person and can once again be close to all those people who support the efforts of Fundación Anesvad.
A professional jury will decide the Anesvad Awards
Nominations to participate in this Seventh Edition closed on 14 March. A professional jury composed of experts in health, development, African studies, journalism, and the foundational sector will deliberate and score the fifty proposals received in order to select the winning candidates. This jury is composed of:
- Garbiñe Biurrun, chair of Fundación Anesvad.
- Albert Roca, professor of Cultural Anthropology, History of Medicine, and History of Africa at the University of Lleida.
- Vanessa López, executive director of Salud por Derecho.
- Paul Ortega, director of eLankidetza, Basque Co-operation and Development Agency.
- José Segura, Casa África.
- Galder Reguera, Fundación Athletic.
- Lucila Rodríguez, general manager of Fundación porCausa.
New this year, we will be giving 3 awards: one for professional lifetime achievement, one for best track record in co-operation development, and one for a project or initiative on Education for Social Transformation.